Laboratory for Molecular Biology (LMB)
Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering (IMGGE)
University of Belgrade
V. Stepe 444a, P.Fah 23, 11010 Belgrade, Serbia
Mobile: +381 65 3976658
Phone: +381 11 3976 658
Fax: +381 11 3975 808
2012 - PhD in Molecular biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade (Regulatory role of hAnkrd1 protein: interaction with transcription factors and signaling proteins)
2005 - B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and Physiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Belgrade
2013 - present Research Associate,LMB, IMGGE
2008 - 2013 - Research Assistant, LMB, IMGGE
2006 - 2008 - Research Trainee, LMB, IMGGE
Research interest focuses on functional characterization of the Ankrd1, human muscle specific protein with ankyrin repeats. Ankrd1 is a component of titin-mechanosensory signaling complex and in response to stretch, it translocates to the nucleus where participates in the regulation of cardiac genes as a transcriptional co-factor. Research activities strive towards discovering signaling pathways in which Ankrd1 is involved in order to elucidate its regulatory role in muscle. Currently, we are involved in study of its interaction with tight junction protein ZO-1 which acts as platform for multiprotein complex assembly. Future work aims at determining subcellular localization of Ankrd1/ZO-1 complex in physiological and stress conditions.
1. Djordjevic V, Pruner I, Tomic B, Nestorovic A, Gvozdenov M, Kovac M, Radojkovic D. (2014).The 3` prothrombin gene variants in patients with different thrombotic events. Lab Med, 45(4):309-14. doi: 10.1309/LM8E84ZSLPDMWZCM.
2. Kojic S, Nestorovic A, Rakicevic L, Belgrano A, Stankovic M, Divac A, Faulkner G. (2010). A novel role for cardiac ankyrin repeat protein Ankrd1/CARP as a co-activator of the p53 tumor suppressor protein. Arch Biochem Biophys, 520(1):60-67.
3. Tüttelmann F, Křenková P, Römer S, Nestorovic AR, Ljujic M, Stambergová A, Macek Jr M, Macek Sr M, Nieschlag E, Gromoll J, Simoni M. (2010). A common haplotype of protamine 1 and 2 genes is associated with higher sperm counts.Int J Androl, 33(1):e240-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19863670
4. Djordjevic V, Nikolic A, Ljujic M, Nestorovic A, Ristanovic M, Tulic C, Radojkovic D. (2010). Combined effect of GSTM1 gene deletion, GSTT1 gene deletion, and MTHFR C677T mutation in male infertility. Arch Biol Sci 62(3): 525-531. http://archonline.bio.bg.ac.rs/
5. Radojkovic M, Ristic S, Divac A, Tomic B, Nestorovic A, Radojkovic D. (2009). Novel ORC4L gene mutation in B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders. Am J Med Sci; 338(6):527-529.
6. Stankovic MM, Nestorovic AR, Tomovic AM, Petrovic-Stanojevic ND, Andjelic-Jelic MS, Dopudja-Pantic VB, Nagorni-Obradovic LjM, Mitic-Milikic MM, Radojkovic DP. (2009). TNF-alpha-308 promotor polymorphism in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung cancer. Neoplasma.; 56(4):348-352. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19469656